Printed Maxi Skirt Shop Simply Me Boutique Shop SMB – Simply Me Boutique
Mallorca (also known as Majorca) is an island located on the coasts of Mediterranean sea. This is the largest island in the Balearic Islands, and is a part of Spain. Most of the tourists travel to Mallorca to enjoy the sunshine and beaches during the summer months. However, very few know that there are plenty of other ways to enjoy this heaven on earth during the spring, autumn and winter months. This place is less crowded during these seasons and the entire family can enjoy many outdoor activities during the off-season.
Let's look at some of the activities which you can do during the winter months in Mallorca-
1) Serra de Tramuntana- This is a world heritage site declared by UNESCO in 2011. Hence if you are a nature lover, spend a few days exploring this mountain range on foot or by bike. There are extraordinary techniques used to develop agriculture in this area on its steep slopes and the uniqueness of these techniques which are developed over the centuries has earned this prestigious position for this site.
You may also choose to enjoy the snow falls during the winters on this mountain range.
2) Sóller by vintage train- Another interesting thing which can be done during the winters in Mallorca is taking a wooden train ride from Palma to the beautiful town of Sóller. This train ride through the Tramuntana Mountains is so picturesque, that you will not feel like going back to your city. The path is surrounded with orange orchards and lemon plantations. There are pine forests and olive groves too spread all across this line. After reaching Sóller, take a stroll in the local market and pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables. Enjoy the local cuisines and spend a lazy afternoon enjoying the Art Nouveau houses spread across the land.
3) Binissalem- If you are a wine connoisseur, then you should not miss the trip to this small village. Manto Negro and Callet varieties of grapes are used for fermenting the red wines and Moll for the white wines. There are quite a few famous wineries like Vins Nadal, Macià Batle, and Son Prim which you can visit in your leisure time. The largest among them is José L. Ferrer. Please call the facility before making a trip so that they can make arrangements for your group.
4) S'Albufera nature reserve- These wetlands are located near Port d'Alcúdia on the northeast coast. There are more than 200 bird species which can be witnessed in these 4,200 acres of land. This place is wonderful for birdwatching, cycling and walking. To safeguard the sanctity of the place, driving is prohibited in this area. So take your cycles, cameras, water bottles and food packets and go on an expedition to watch kestrels, purple herons and Eleonora's falcons which are visible in different times of the year.
5) Lluc Sanctuary- Amidst the lush green mountains of Serra de Tramuntana, Lluc Sanctuary hosts the figure of the Madonna, La Moreneta. This place is considered to be the spiritual center of Mallorca. This figure was found there in the 13 century and now this figure is adorned with a jeweled crown. The natives respect this place as a pilgrimage and the foundation of a monastery was laid to give respect to the goddess. The choirboys sing every morning and evening to show respect to the goddess which is on display in the 17-century Basilica. Taking a walk in the botanical gardens too will be very refreshing and will fill your day with peace and serenity.
There are many other places of interest like Alfàbia Gardens or the national park in Cebrera. Many tourists feel that the end of November and the beginning of December is the perfect time to travel to Mallorca. You will not need to worry about tourist crowds, travel costs for hotels and airline tickets etc. Even when the temperature drops, it doesn't get very chilly in these areas due to the sea coast. Nature in Mallorca is outstanding and the best part of your trip to Mallorca, be it in winter or summer is to rent a car and explore the stunning landscapes of the Balearics. Happy Holidays!